Advertising & PR
Skills & Talents
Links & Resources
Facts & Trends
Advertising & Public Relations:
Links & Resources
Career Information, Company Profiles and Contacts
- Find Job Listings
- Thousands of job sites with one search. Provided by
Indeed.com, "a one stop shop for job seekers" (Wall Street Journal).
- Employment Classifieds in
- Courtesy of Advertising Week.
- Advertising Age - Job Bank
- Talent Zoo
- A very helpful site with lots of content for advertising and marketing professionals.
- Advertising jobs
By John Caples and Fred Hahn. A legend in advertising for more than 60 years, John
Caples still serves as a guide to generations of creative marketing people. Now his
classic work on how to create successful advertising has been updated by respected
advertising consultant Fred Hahn. It retains all the clarity, candid analysis, time-tested
experience and invaluable award-winning ideas from the original, while bringing it right
up-to-the-minute on the many new changes in the field.
- By Mario Pricken.
Hitting the Sweet Spot: How Consumer Insights Can Inspire Better Marketing and Advertising
Truth, Lies and Advertising: The Art of Account Planning
- by Jon Steel.
- The Art of Writing
Advertising: Conversations With William Bernbach, Leo Burnett, George Gribbin, David
Ogilvy, Rosser Reeves
- By Dennis Higgins (editor), National Textbook Co. One of the best books ever written on
advertising. Focuses on the competitive world of advertising through five men who helped
shape the industry. The interviews are very entertaining because the personalities of the
men are displayed through their view on the art that made them famous. All of the
copywriters were gracious and honest which makes for a must-read for everyone interested
in the field of advertising.
- By Conrad Jay Levinson. Houghton Mifflin Company. Cost effective tactics
for small business success. Relevant, practical and well-written. If you are doing
advertising for your own company or a small business, this inexpensive book is full of
helpful ideas and tips.
- Online Marketing
- By Daniel Janal. This book talks about how to exploit Internet advertising possibilities.
- By David Ogilvy. A classic, illustrated book by one of
the biggest names in the business. Great reading and highly recommended.
A marketing communications directory, for professionals, academics, and students of
advertising, public relations, direct marketing, and related disciplines.
Honoring advertising excellence worldwide.
- American Advertising Federation
K Street, Suite 1000, Washington DC 20005. The American Advertising Federation is a
leading trade group which advocates the interests of advertisers.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies
- Lots of good industry information from the AAAA.
- Institute of Practitioners in Advertising.
- A UK organization focused on getting the job done.
- Public Relations Society of America
- 845 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022. The PRSA offers information on careers in public
relations and serves as an advocate for public relations professionals nationwide. They
are the publisher of Public Relations Journal, the leading publication in the field.
- Public Relations Student Society of America.
- Online forums, conferences and ideas for students with an interest in public relations
careers. Don't forget to check out their job
Ideas and Know-How in Public Relations
Relations: Strategies and Tactics.
- Dennis Wilcox. New York: Harper and Row. This text
provides some basic information for the individual that is interested in the field of
public relations. Strategies and tactics are outlined and discussed over a range of public
- By Roger Yarrington. New York: Longman. One important aspect of public
relations work is the development of community relations. Yarrington provides detail to
developing a community relations strategy.
- PR Museum
- This is the place to go to learn about how ideas are developed for industry, education, and government, and how
they have been applied to successful public relations programs since the PR industry was born.
Magazines and Newspapers (Online and Off)
- Advertising Age
- Crain Communications, 740 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611. This is the leading trade
publication in advertising and is packed with stories and items which will help you learn
the field of advertising. Great reading!
- Adweek/Marketing Week,
- 820 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10017. Covers developments in marketing and advertising. Well-read.
- Marketing Online.
- Canadas only national weekly dedicated to marketing, advertising and the media.
- Public Relations News, 127 East 80th Street, New York, NY 10021.
- This trade publication covers the going-on and hoopla in the field of PR. Well worth reading if
you are looking into a public relations career.